Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Taste of Home

This weekend I went to Scotland with my friend Robert.  After a long day touring around the Lowlands and the Highlands we found our way to our very own pub crawl.  Now, beer in the UK hasn't impressed me.  In London they RAVE about Bitter, but I find it flat and tasteless.  I finally have learned to ask for an IPA if I want to enjoy a refreshing brew.  So in Scotland I was expecting the same even though I had high hopes since I love Scottish Ales sold in the US.

Our first spot was a microbrewery called BrewDog.  As soon as we entered we were greeted by the following sign:



Did you notice anything special about that pictures?  Take another look.  Still no?  Okay let me give you a hint.  See that green can?  That is a Ball made can.  A Ball can holding fabulous Oskar Blues- G'Knight.  The same Ball/Oscar Blues can filled with beer a half a mile from my house in Longmont.  That's right.  They have Colorado beer in Scotland!!!!  They also had Left Hand (more Longmont!!!) and the Great Divide (Denver).  I could have sworn that I had died and gone to heaven!



After being a bit home sick the 14 pound sterling spent on two beers seemed well spent.



(P.S. Brew Dog's beer is yummy, too!)


UPDATE:
Oscar Blues and Brew Dog are doing a collaboration beer!  Looks like I'll have even more chances to have the taste of home while living in the UK!  Oskar Blues meets BrewDog!

UPDATE 2:
OB's will be at BrewDog in Shoredich (half a mile from my London Apartment) this Friday with the collaboration beer.  I will be on my way to Amsterdam to visit Robert, but if you are in London make sure to check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment