Thursday, August 29, 2013

London Scavenger Hunt

Have you heard of meetup.com?  It is an online community where people with similar interests can plan events together and form "meetups."  I have joined a couple groups including one where we went on the Seven Sisters hike.

Recently a group meet for a Scavenger hunt around London.  I LOVE scavenger hunts.  The crazier they are the better.  I figured this London hunt would be a great way to meet people.  Surprisingly, I didn't really connect with the group but I did have a unexpected visitor show up:


I'm am pleased to introduce you to Mike.  He's a pretty swell guy.  Mike even tried to help me out on the Scavenger hunt.  Let's see if you have any guesses on the following clues:

How did John Overs plan unsuccessfully to save on his daily food bill?
-He pretended he had died in hopes that his ship crew would go into morning and start to fast.  Instead they held a HUGE celebration that he finally was gone from this world.


What English galleon is best known for its circumnavigation around the glode between 1577 and 1580? 
- The Golden Hind.  It looks like Mike found it!




What is the current tallest building in the European Union?
-The Shard is 1004 ft and opened earlier this year.  Hopefully I'll have a chance to get a view from the top while I'm here!



What tunneling lark clearly required a mighty brain?
You'll just need....
Which guild is opposite The Drapers?
... to come...
How did the 25th Battalion get about?
... visit me in London...
According to this Temple of Mammon, what is 'The Lord's'??
... and swing by... 
What did it take weeks to complete after the man commissioned to make it died?
....the Royal Exchange to find out!



Thanks for all your help!  See you at the next hunt!  Bye!




No comments:

Post a Comment