Thursday, September 5, 2013

Food Adventures - Pigeon

When I'm at a new restaurant I love to try things I've never had before.  I'm trying to keep that same mentality over here.  On my first work trip to Chelmsford I tried "Pigeon and Pear Salad."  Not squab, but pigeon.  I ordered it and kept trying to think of doves or ducks which are quite tasty.  (WOW!  British English is rubbing off on me. Did you see I just used the word quite!?!)  Anyway, my salad came out and the meat on top looked like pieces of well done steak and tasted like pork.  It actually tasted okay but was a bit greasy for my liking.  At some point I started to think about what I was eating, flying rats, and couldn't take another bite.  At least I tried!  Next time I'd be willing to eat the dish as long as the call it squab.  That way I won't realize what it really is.   :)

1 comment:

  1. ok don't think I realized what squab was before either, drat. So, would we order beef tenderloin if they called it cow? Language is so powerful. Good one, Ms. Sparkles!

    ReplyDelete