Wednesday, November 20, 2013

London at Night

One of my favorite things to do in London is wander around at night.  London is a beautiful city in the evening.  Luckily it now gets dark at well... 4-5pm... so now I have plenty of time to go exploring.

Normally my walk takes me across the London Bridge.  There are river walks along both sides of the Thames but most people prefer the south but to get a good picture of the Shard you need to take the path less traveled.


I love the river at dusk as the lights reflect upon the water.  In the second picture you can see St. Paul's Cathedral in the background.  I think most of my pictures either have St. Pauls or the Shard in them.  At least I know what I like!



In the late fall there was a fair along the Thames.  There were slides, street performers, and even a popup dance club.  I think everyone was getting in a last bit of excitement before then rainy winter set in.


And of course no walk at night would be complete without a picture of Big Ben, Paralament, and the London Eye!


No comments:

Post a Comment