Saturday, July 27, 2013

First Day of London

It is 4am and I can't sleep.  This seems like the perfect time to update you on my new apartment and if I'm still awake my mini tour of London!

Customs was a breeze.  Good thing I had my visa though.  Both the airline and Customs make sure to check it.  I guess all that hand wringing was worth it.  I was picked up in one of London's famous Black Cabs.  It ended up being a great way to take in the sights and move all my luggage to the apartment.


On the way to Crispin Street we passed many of the sites I visited during my last trip to London.  I saw the Harrods in Knightsbridge, foreign embassies in Embassy row (yep I just made up that name), Victoria & Albert Museum, Museum of National History (looks a lot nicer on the inside that outside.  Unless you have kids, I'd suggest staying away from this museum), Brompton Oratory, Millennium Eye and who knows what else.

Then we got to my apartment!


As you can see I'm right next to two local pubs. Which I was excited about at first but then realized are loud when I'm jet-lagged and trying to sleep.  Solution: be one of the ones making the noise in the future.  My apartment is huge and already feels like home.  I think my bed is finally calling me again. Cheers!  P.S.  I think if you click the images they will expand.





4 comments:

  1. Anonymous28 July, 2013

    Hi Sparkles, we are so excited for you! Mom and I are planning a skype date with you so we can get a tour of your apartment. Date TBD as we're still in crazy life mode. Thinking of you. -Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous29 July, 2013

    Wow! You're apartment looks great! Looking forward to reading about your next great adventure. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christina- Can't wait for the date! I hope you and your Mom are having a grand time in Colorado :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous30 July, 2013

    You're one up on me, I never heard of the Brompton Oratory! Apt looks ab-fab, so big! Allows room for a view of Ms. A. Sparkles in the bathroom mirror, love it. - marcy

    ReplyDelete