Sunday, November 24, 2013

I Live in the City of London!

You may be asking yourself...  why does Anna care that she lives in the City of London?  Don't millions of other people live in the City of London?  Well I am sorry to say this, but you a wrong. While millions of people live in London about 7000 people live in the City of London.  The City of London is only 1 square mile and resides within London.  Confused yet?  It was the ancient Roman city surrounded by the London Wall build and protected by dragons.  Yes, dragons.


My first weekend in London I learned that these dragons protect the City, then a few days ago while walking home I saw one right next to my apartment.  Could it be?  Could I live within the City of London?!  After a little bit of wikipedia and google maps it was confirmed.  I live within the City of London!

If you'd like a little more history of the City of London please check out the video below:





No comments:

Post a Comment